[mira_talk] Re: SNP detection for genomic sequence

  • From: Hanquan Liang <hliang@xxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 13:48:12 -0500

In "The Definitive Guide" (I walked through in a hurry) came with 3.2.0rc1,
 SNP detection is mentioned in the sections for "Solexa sequence assembly"
and "EST assembly".  In the former case genomic sequence is used, but
reference sequence is also required, While the later case doesn't need any
reference sequence.  What the about the case genomic sequence without a
reference?  What kind of parameters should I choose?

Sorry If I have missed something in the manual.

H. Liang