[mira_talk] Problem installing MIRA on iMac

  • From: "Marco J. Morelli" <M.Morelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 15:28:58 +0100

Hello everyone,

I tried to install MIRA on my iMac but failed (file mira-3rc4.tar.bz2). I have the Mac OSX version 10.5.8 and it should work fine, but everytime I try to run the "configure" script i get the following message:

checking for boostlib >= 1.35.0... configure: error: We could not detect the boost libraries (version 1.35 or higher). If you have a staged boost library (still not installed) please specify $BOOST_ROOT in your environment and do not give a PATH to --with-boost option. If you are sure you have boost installed, then check your version number looking in <boost/version.hpp>. See http://randspringer.de/boost for more documentation.

I have the boostlib v 1.35 installed with fink and I have tried to configure with the option --with-boost or --with-boost-libdir but didn't work. Changing the $BOOST_ROOT variable was a failure as well. I downloaded the native libs v. 1.40 and again no results.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Marco

--------
Dr. Marco J. Morelli

Division of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
Room 314 Graham Kerr Building
University of Glasgow
Glasgow G12 8QQ, UK

+44 141 330 6638