[mira_talk] Re: More than two reads for one <template_id>

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 20:14:21 +0200

On Wednesday 20 July 2011 14:32:25 Nestor Zaburannyi wrote:
> For one dataset (454 PE) i got such messages:
>
> "The reads X, Y, Z, W have the same template and MIRA was unable to
> differentiate between different trials. Template information not used
> there."

Strange ... did the data come straight out of sff_extract or does it contain
something else? Because that would mean there's a bug in the PE extraction
module there then :-(

Or you have identical reads in different SFFs (possibly through repackaging).

Or reads in different SFFs are named identically, but I though that 454
changed their naming already quite some time ago to make that almost
impossible.

Could yopu please check which of the above may be what's hitting you?

> Really, there are several reads (up to 6) for one template_id, but this
> happens rarely (approx. 1000 of such templates). Should i just ignore this
> message, or should i split them to unique pairs by using the TRACE_NAME
> field which is different for every F/R pair?

If there are only a few, you can as well let MIRA continue.