[mira_talk] Re: Mira says "killed" as last word after being almost done

  • From: Adrian Pelin <apelin20@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 13:14:35 -0400

My hybrid,acurate,454,solexa,denovo assembly is on its 4th day and I was
wondering if that is normal. Here is a bit of info:

240,000 454 reads
2000000 solexa pair-end reads
48 GB ram
2 quad core 2.4 Ghz xeons
Fedora 14, using about 80% of ram.

There are some contaminations of the DNA thought:( we have chunks of
bacterial and fungal DNA and we are only interested in the Fungal
mitochondrial DNA ~70-80kb.
We already have the genome assembled into 9 contigs, problem is that is
still a lot, we would like to reduce it further to 4-5 contigs if possible
and get different contigs from Mira algorithms.
Can anyone confirm that it is normal to have such a long wait time?

Here is a bit of log, last 300 lines, more than ahppy to provide more:
http://pastebin.ca/2061695

Thanks everyone.