[mira_talk] Re: Mira results much worse than newbler

  • From: Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 23:02:22 +0100

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 10:05 PM, Robin Kramer <kodream@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It seems to be able to figure that out on its own, weather from the sff file
> or whatever.
> It also has some sort of prefix check that will look for other
> adapters/primers from the library.
> It still misses occasional reverse primers and forward primers.

Which version of sffinfo are you using? Perhaps Roche added
some new tricks in v2.6 (just released this month, I've not had
time to explore this yet).

Have you accidentally mixed up sffinfo and sff_extract? I ask
because sff_extract will spot and warn you if there is a likely
primer/barcode/adapter present (based on many of the reads
having a common start sequence).

Peter