[mira_talk] Re: Memory problem with MIRA

  • From: Peter <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 19:36:33 +0000

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:19 PM, ankit gupta <ankitgupta.iitg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use mira for a de novo assembly of a transcriptome but after
> running for a few minutes, it gives me a memory related error.

>  Ouch, out of memory detected.

There is one line in the log file that caught my eye:
Compiled in 32 bit mode

This would suggest you are going to be limited to
just 4GB of RAM. I think you need to recompile
in 64bit mode. What OS are you using? I have a
similar issue on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard:

//www.freelists.org/post/mira_talk/MIRA3r4-and-memory-on-Mac-OS-X

Peter