[mira_talk] Re: Making the best assembly

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 23:02:13 -0500
On 07 Dec 2015, at 12:07 , C Jenkins <cej.jenkins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We are talking about cDNA/RNASeq data for a eukaryotic parasite.
There were 72276 reads used in the Illumina assembly, but a big chunk of my
raw reads were not used.

Okay … is there a reason you used only this amount of reads? I normally take 10
to 15m pairs (20 to 30m reads) for RNASeq assemblies to reconstruct an
acceptable transcriptome.