[mira_talk] Re: Mac OSX mira make error

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 22:42:30 +0200

On May 10, 2012, at 18:55 , Bekim Cela wrote:
> I'm assuming my last problem (which was on linux) was a memory issue. So I've
> been undertaking installing mira on Mac 10.6.8. I've finally got boost
> installed correctly and in the right directory, and I've configured mira.
> However, when I try the "make" command I get the following error:
> [...]
> ld: symbol(s) not found
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> [...]
> any clues on where I went wrong?

Hello Bekim,

so, everything compiled just fine, but the linking stage (ld) failed. This is
actually one of those nightmare scenarios which can take some time (and a lot
of knowledge) to get right. Would it be possible that you have more than one
BOOST version installed? That would actually be my first suspicion: compilation
took include files of one version, but the linker took files from another
version (because they came first in the linker path).

As I wrote: difficult to judge.