[mira_talk] MIRA assembly - Geneious 8 - extra IUPAC codes

  • From: Zain A Alvi <zain.alvi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 12:49:27 +0000

Hi Everyone,

I was able to run MIRA this past weekend on the workstation (Geneious) with no
problems. Thank you everyone for the help.

There is one small problem that I am having is with the output.  The output is
very specific and includes R, Y, S, K, and other IUPAC codes for the nucleotide
sequences.  I was wondering if there is a method to make MIRA to not include
ambiguities in the alignment results.  I hope to run a BLASTX based on the
genome assembly from MIRA.  These IUPAC codes makes BLASTX think that I am
working with an amino acid sequences instead of nucleotide sequence.

Also does MIRA like interleaved/interlaced files for paired end alignment or
the paired end reads to be just separate like with some other assemblers like

IUPAC codes

R       A or G
Y       C or T
S       G or C