[mira_talk] Re: Installing mira3 rc2 on Mac OS X

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 20:58:46 +0200

On Donnerstag 20 August 2009 Axel Künstner wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I`m trying to install mira on Mac OS X 10.5.8. so far, I`ve no
> problems with boost or flex version 2.5.33 (used the hint from the
> mailing list to avoid this problem). but now, I got a compiling error.
> here is the output of the last lines of the compiling log:
> [...]
> Undefined symbols:
> [...]

Hello Axel,

nope, compiling went well, these are linking errors.

Welcome to the Apple linker hell.

To make it short: you are at a point where I have no idea why things fail.
Every other Unix I know links without problem, just OSX seems to break the
standard GNU toolchain at that point.

I am desperately on the seqrch for a OSX/Unix expert who could solve that
riddle. I won't as I don't have a Mac and have run out of ideas what to try
(there's been a long list of trials already *sigh*).

Should you know Apple cracks, feel free to ask them how to get things linking.