[mira_talk] Re: Illumina mapping - boost::thread_resource_error

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 23:31:46 +0200

On May 20, 2011, at 22:57 , vladimir mashanov wrote:
> I am trying to map 4,5 million illumina reads onto 126215 reads
> derived from a de novo 454 assembly. I am consistently getting
> boost::thread_resource_error.

Hello Vladimir,

that error is nothingI can really do something about it. It also has nothing to
do with your data ... I suspect you could throw about any dataset at MIRA on
this machine and it would fail to run.

According to a quick search on Google the error seems to be inherent to the
BOOST library which throws this type of errors when it cannot allocate
resources for a thread.

Please ask the system administrator of that machine whether there is a policy
implemented which disallows programs to start threads. This seems to be the
only possible explanation for this kind of error and it should be taken up by
the staff of your institution. Please point them to this list in case they
require more information.

Best,