[mira_talk] Re: FW: 454 assembly

  • From: Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:26:13 +0200

Hey Shab,

The error message tells you what to do:

Either use '<technology>_SETTINGS -LR:mxti=no' (e.g. SANGER_SETTING
-LR:mxti=no),
or use the '-notraceinfo' quickswitch to kill loading traceinfo files for all
types of sequencing technologies. (place it after -fasta and -job quickswitches)

That means you can add to the section with the 454_SETTINGS -LR:mxti=no or you
can use the -notraceinfo switch. And it also tells you
However, if you are really sure that you do not want to load ancillary data
in TRACEINFO files, you can switch it off.

BUT: if you have the sff it is highly recommended to use it! Like Veljo wrote
you can use sff_ectract.

I (until now) never used the traceinfo-file because I had to do some "special"
preprocessing and there wouldn't be any new information in the xml (at least in
the ones I have and the sequences are already cut correctly).

Cheers,
Thomas