[mira_talk] Re: Extracting contigs from mapped assembly / convert_project output

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 22:58:31 +0200

On May 27, 2013, at 20:31 , Surya Saha <ss2489@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I get the following unpadded files -
> XXX_default.unpadded.fasta
> XXX_StrainX.unpadded.fasta
> XXX_ReferenceStrain.unpadded.fasta
> XXX_AllStrains.unpadded.fasta
>
> I can figure out that ReferenceStrain is the backbone. What is the difference
> between the three other files? They have very similar characteristics. Thanks

- "default" you please forget.
- "StrainX" is the strain of your mapped reads (which you could have renamed to
whatever you had wanted via MIRA command line / parameter file)
- "ReferenceStrain" is indeed your reference / backbone
- "AllStrain" is a merge between all strains (in this case: reference and
strainx) where bases with "N" in the strainx data are filled with bases from
the reference strain (if present)