[mira_talk] Extracting contigs from mapped assembly / convert_project output

  • From: Surya Saha <ss2489@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 14:31:08 -0400

Hi Bastien and others,

I did a mapped assembly using the following parameters with MIRA 3.4.0 a
long time ago
--job=mapping,genome,accurate,solexa --noclipping COMMON_SETTINGS
-SB:load_backbone=on:startbackboneusage_inpass=1:backbone_filetype=fasta:abnc=on
-MI:stop_on_nfs=no:somrnl=0 SOLEXA_SETTINGS -LR:file_type=fastq

I am now trying to get the mapped contigs of my strain(excluding the
backbone) from the maf file using the following command (
//www.freelists.org/post/mira_talk/Denovo-versus-mappings-assembly-with-Mira,1
).
convert_project -f maf -t fasta mira_out.maf mynewresults

I get the following unpadded files -
XXX_default.unpadded.fasta
XXX_StrainX.unpadded.fasta
XXX_ReferenceStrain.unpadded.fasta
XXX_AllStrains.unpadded.fasta

I can figure out that ReferenceStrain is the backbone. What is the
difference between the three other files? They have very similar
characteristics. Thanks

Best,
Surya

Surya Saha