[mira_talk] Re: Editing/ cleanup of MIRA assembly with gap5

  • From: Andrej Benjak <abenjak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 09:10:20 +0100

GAP5 editing worked on Linux for me. But I haven't used it much, so I don't know about shortcuts, or what your error message means, sorry.
Can you load the same database on another computer with a different OS, just in case?

Andrej

On 17-Dec-15 07:21, Chitra P wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes both the .g5d and .g5x are in the same folder.
Has someone who has a linux system tried editing on GAP5? I am wondering if the keyboard shortcuts are different for linux?

Thanks

Chitra

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 11:22 PM, Rameez Mj <rameez03online@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:rameez03online@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Make sure the "databasename .g5x" (which is created along with
database.g5d while using tg_index on .caf file) is also present
in the same folder.

On 14 December 2015 at 13:50, Chitra P
<pattabiraman.chitra@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:pattabiraman.chitra@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.I just tried using the CAF file as the
input for tg_index however I am still unable edit (or see the
effect of my editing?). Is there some other file I need to
load into gap5 other than the .g5d ?

Thanks,

Chitra

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 1:29 PM, Andrej Benjak
<abenjak@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:abenjak@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I used to use tg_index on the original CAF file and have
never had problems. Could you try?

cheers,
Andrej

On 12/13/2015 06:58 AM, Chitra P wrote:
Hi,

I know this is slightly off-topic for the MIRA list, but
I would be grateful for any help with this.

I want to edit a MIRA assembly with gap5 ( I have
installed staden-2.0.0b9.i686 on a Ubuntu 14.04). At
present, I am able to load but unable to edit the sequences.

This is what I did :
I converted the MIRA maf and fasta files to sam

then used tg_index to convert it to a gap5 database

I am able to view the sequences but unable to edit the
sequence. In my terminal get the following error message
when I try editing

*'D8YB9:08803:07440': couldn't open*

Thanks,

PC