[mira_talk] Disk space required?

  • From: "Raj Kumar, Praveen Kumar Mr." <rajkump@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 02:02:07 -0400

Hi all,
    Can anyone tell me how much disk space is required for EST assembly of 3 GB
fasta file and 8GB qual file. I am asking this because, mira run stopped for my
last two times saying something like Disk full?. I have 250 GB limit in my
cluster machine. When I started MIRA job I had only 20 GB occupied, but after 1
week of run I see all 250 GB has been utilized and still MIRA stopped. How much
disk space I require? Below are the commands I used,

mira --project=EACh --job=est,denovo,accurate,sanger,454  SANGER_SETTINGS
-CL:qc=no 454_SETTINGS -LR:mxti=no >& log_assembly.txt

My input files are named as described like
 EACh_in.sanger.fasta
 EACh_in.sanger.fasta.qual
EACh_in.454.fasta
EACh_in.454.fasta.qual