[mira_talk] Re: After Scaffolding

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 22:37:24 +0200

On Montag 07 September 2009 Davide Sassera wrote:
> What do you guys do? you take the Bambus output as "right" as it is or
> you have a method to check the quality and possibly modify the scaffold?

I never worked with Bambus but had some scripts cobbled together which failed
doing things automatically more often than not ... but with some manual help I
always got my scaffolds.

What I did then was this: take the scaffold as backbone and perform a mapping
assembly on it. With that, go into gap4 and looked for the last remaining
uncertainties.

I think you shoud be able to do this also with the Bambus scaffold.

Hope this helps,