[minima] Working yo4hhp PCB

  • From: "Alan" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 21:11:40 +1000

Hi All

Just thought the list may be interested in knowing that the original PCB design
by Adrian yo4hhp, for the main board all works fine on receive, not fully
tested on TX, but does transmit OK. I've no high end test gear apart from a
frequency counter, so you don't need a lot to get it working.

A couple of small changes:

1) Inductor for BFO in series with 20 Mhz crystal, moved in series with just
one variable capacitor, and inductor linked out. This was due to crystal not
having enough movement for both USB & LSB.

2) Resistor in emitter of Q10 changed from 100 to 1K, otherwise Q10 overheats,
possibly higher gain Q9/Q10 than in other builds, appears to have more than
enough injection with 1K.

I've attached a jpg, please note that this has been built with junk box bits
apart from relays, & crystals so some components may not be the size intended :)

Presently being controlled by PC using a Si570 via USB, and manual switches for
LSB/USB, LPF. Receive audio very clear and tested on 3.5Mhz to 21Mhz, probably
will need some screening around oscillator/IF Crystals.

Next the controller.

Cheers

Alan VK2TVQ