[minima] Re: Si570 To Dip Conversion

  • From: Sandeep Lohia <sandeeplohia12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 12:30:18 +0530

On 16/02/2014, Andy <andy.g6lbq@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not everyone is able to work with SMD parts so I offered the Si570 as a
> pre-mounted part in my kits. With the addition of a second 8 pin DIP
> socket the Si570 becomes plug and play!

> I am Looking forward to building the Minima myself and have been
> enjoying following the mailing list.

> Andy de G6LBQ

My dear friend Andy,

1) Not everyone is able to work with SMD parts if it comes in tiny
SSOP or BGA package!

2) but here it's leads spaced large enough that compared with DIP
package, therefore it's more comfortable mounting it directly on PCB,
& DIP socket is unnecessary.

Since being holiday today, I will post a fat parcel tomorrow, to all
G6, M6 including yours.

My friend in London suggested to say £2 per set of PCB shipped to UK +
domestic postage of £2   (doing no business here, & I already proposed
old barter trade system to all)

Thanks for your best wishes to me, I am looking forward to learn more
of RF from skilled persons like you Sir.

WELCOME TO TEAM MINIMOS
http://www.hfsignals.org/index.php/Main_Page

(mailed from mobile)