[minima] Re: Saving arduino lines

  • From: Sunil Thomas Thonikuzhiyil <vu2swx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 01:04:27 +0530

Farhan,
   We can even think of two extra pads on the i2c lines of the digital
board. and leave the digital board  design as it is. If  any one wants to
free up lines they can use  the  current lcd lines and wire an I2c module.
The software needs only a slight change.
  Most of the I2c  LCD adapter are based on
PCF8574
<http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/PCF8574.pdf>

I think these adapters are widely available on ebay.com. I find one listing
even on ebay.in for Rs 250.

Sunil