[minima] Re: PTT Schematic

  • From: Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 22:13:34 +0530

mark,

we were running out of pins. we should have had a separate PTT input and
another T/R line as an output. But I had to make do with a single line.
 This is quite confusing and i had to keep reminding myself of the plan.
 the plan is like this:
1. In SSB mode, the PTT line is in input mode. it has an internal 10K
resistor pulling it up. The ptt switch provides the high/low switching.
2. In CW mode, the PTT line is put into output mode and pulled down,
putting the transceiver into transmit mode. Then, after a delay to let the
relays settle, the sidetone is keyed.

- f