[minima] Re: PCB availability?

  • From: Arv Evans <arvid.evans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 15:21:29 -0700

Sandeep

I filled out your form at

  <
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gQx-R_vS0LRx_j2jNlYC1Uv1s-MRUPen_WgtKrjAzSU/viewform

expecting it to call paypal so I could send you the money, but it did not
do
that.

What I ran into is a restriction by Paypal that does not let us send money
to India.

   FROM:  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal#India>

India

As of March 2011,[42] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal#cite_note-42> PayPal
made changes to the User Agreement for Indian users to comply with Reserve
Bank of India <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserve_Bank_of_India> regulations.
Notable changes to the agreement were:

   - Any balance or future payments must not be used to buy goods or
   services but transferred to a bank account. The PayPal balance is
   automatically withdrawn to the bank
account.[43]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal#cite_note-PayPalIndiaRestrictions-43>
   - PayPal balance cannot be used to make purchases. Credit/Debit cards
   linked with the PayPal account must be used to pay through
PayPal.[43]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal#cite_note-PayPalIndiaRestrictions-43>

The per transaction limit had been set to USD 3000, since October 14, 2011.
However, on July 29, 2013 PayPal has increased the per transaction limit to
USD 10,000.[44] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal#cite_note-44> This
brings the per transaction limit for India in line with the restrictions
imposed by PayPal on most other countries.

PayPal has disabled sending and receiving personal payments in India, thus
forcing all recipients to pay a transaction
fee.[45]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal#cite_note-45>
[46] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal#cite_note-46>

PayPal wants to make India an incubation center for the company's employee
engagement policies. In 2012, PayPal hired 120 people for its offices in
Chennai and Bangalore. PayPal plans to recruit 1000 candidates for its
Bangalore Development
center.[47]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal#cite_note-47>

Seems that you have to have a specific bank account with Reserve Bank of
India
before we will be able to send money via PayPal...and maybe not even them.

Now what do we do to sending money for the PCBs?  Will your bank in India
accept a Cashiers check from an American bank, or can you cash a US Postal
Money Order?

Arv K7HKL
_._