[minima] OT: Asterix

  • From: "Steve VK2SJA" <vk2sja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 10:24:58 +1100

> Farhan: funny that asterix made it to VU land. It's not so popular here in
> the US but as a kid back in france I read all of them several times. I
> will try to go more for the "Gaul" look in other stages ;)

Asterix books were apparently translated into over 100 different
languages. And they sure were popular in the little part of VK that I grew
up in.

Seems they are still being produced. "Asterix and the Picts" was
apparently released in October 2013.

Now if Mark's construction looks like a Gaulish brawl and yours looks like
the fortified Roman camps of Totorum, Aquarium, Laudanumand Compendium.
Then my version will probably oscillate like a menhir!  :-) A quartz one
maybe?