[minima] Re: Minima power output

  • From: Arv Evans <arvid.evans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 10:22:28 -0700

Ryan  AG4ZP

There is a JBOT linear amplifier associated with Minima.  It is similar to
the
same amplifier used for BITX Ver-3 transceivers.  "JBOT" stands for "Just a
Bunch of Transistors" and is a push-pull arrangement of paralleled
transistors.

    <http://www.hfsignals.org/index.php/File:Qrp-linear.png>

While the JBOT design is adequate, several persons are working on improving
the design in order to have better stability and more power output over the
full
HF range.  When and if we come up with an improved design we will publish
details.

Arv K7HKL
_._