[minima] Minima power output

  • From: Ryan Kingsbury <ryan.kingsbury@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 10:35:52 -0500

Hi folks,

I should probably be melting solder rather than scratching my head about
how the design is supposed to work but...I have some unanswered questions
about the design.

On the Minima website, it states that the design features 1 watt output
power in the summary towards the top.  Surely this is a typo?  Unless the
mixed formed by T1 provides a significant amount of gain, I can't imagine
that the IF amp (Q6,7,8) is pushes more than a watt through the crystal
filter, mixer and LPFs.

Further down, in the design history sections, it says the output power is 1
mW (0 dBm).  This seems much more believable to me.   If combined with a
PA, such as the JBoT, then I can see how the combination could deliver 1 W.
Could someone else confirm?

Thanks in advance for the advice.  I promise to start melting solder soon!

73,
Ryan (AG4ZP)