[minima] Re: Minima PCB (eagle cad's)

  • From: SP Bhatnagar <vu2spf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 22:09:28 +0530

Sandeep and other friends have been discussing about PCB designed very
swiftly by OM Adrian.

I feel it is a professionally done board, compact and well laid. Definitely
larger pads will be fine for hand soldering. If the adhesion is not good,
copper detaches from the board on heating, specially in smaller pads/thin
tracks. I think G5V2 and G5V1 equivalent relays are available in local
markets in VU land. These are commonly used in some EPABX's. Larger relays
with similar foot print are also available. If spacing is not adjustable,
vertical mount should be OK. Two terminal trimmers are now seen in local
markets too so these should be fine too.

I have spent some time in designing a board using Ki-Cad and almost
completed the schematic part (leave aside the continuous improvement!).
Very time consuming for those who are not into it regularly. Converting to
board is another task needing a lot of patience. Hats off to OM Adrian and
those who are to further his job.

Happy miniming,

VU2SPF/ Bhatnagar