[minima] Getting started on my Minima construction

  • From: "Mac A. Cody" <maccody@xxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 22:18:07 -0600

I am finally getting to the solder melting stage of my
Minima construction project.  Attached are photos of
the Arduino controller board that I fabricated using the
toner transfer method.  After etching the board, I tinned
all of the copper surfaces by hand using liquid flux and
solder.  Note that my board is actually more than 98 mm
long.  I just didn't feel that it was worth my time to
trim off the few millimeters of excess board stock.

I usually don't mess with component labeling on my own
homebrew PCB projects, but I thought that it would be
worthwhile in this case.  The labeling is offset a little
because I wanted to make sure that the header labeling
got placed on the board.

I plan on maintaining a build log, as I proceed through
the construction and testing of the Minima.  Hopefully,
it will be useful to others.

73,

Mac AE5PH