[minima] Re: Crystal frequency of the Si570 ?

  • From: "Mac A. Cody" <maccody@xxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 23:15:04 -0600

Leonardo,

I have attached Silicon Devices Application Note AN334v4, which
contains the relevant code, written in C on pages 19 and 20.
According to the SI570 FAQ:

4. Why do we need to calculate fXTAL when reconfiguring the output
clock for large changes in output frequency?
Each Si57x device has a unique crystal. The crystal frequency is
nominally 114.285MHz but may be offset from this value by +/-2000ppm.
We calculate fXTAL in order to determine the exact crystal frequency
and then use this information to adjust the DSPLL feedback divider
ratio and output divider ratios. (Crystal manufacturers cannot tune
the crystals and achieve the same initial accuracy as is possible
with the DSPLL approach.)

Determination of fXTAL occurs when the SI570 is first powered up.
I hope this helps answer your question.

73,

Mac AE5PH

On 02/05/2014 01:54 PM, Leonardo Ramirez wrote:
Hi.
How i can know the frequencyof the crystal mySi570?

Thanks.

EA7KB