[minima] Re: Copper sheets

  • From: "Steve VK2SJA" <vk2sja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 19:31:49 +1100

Can't help with copper sheets but I am playing around with this stuff:-

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4m-Adhesive-Copper-Foil-EMI-Shield-Tape-Conductive-50mm-width-LI-/170926763780?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item27cc076f04&_uhb=1

It is normally used to RF EMI shield enclosures.

It is very thin copper foil that you can cut just like paper with a sticky
backing. Use it just like a sticker. Peel of the backing and stick it
down. You can solder to it. So I'm developing a technique where I re-cycle
tin sheet from food storage tins. Use a hole punch to create lots of
little copper confetti pads. The round copper pads I stick on top of
normal white paper stationary stickers. These in turn stick to tin sheet.
Circuit built ugly fashion with parts soldered to copper pads or direct to
tin sheet.

Early days yet but it seems to work very well. And its fast and eazy.

Just an idea.

73, Steve
VK2SJA