[minima] Re: Copper sheets

  • From: Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 06:51:59 +0530

While working with copper sheets, one has to be aware of two things:

1. It is a bloody good conductor of heat. So, if you use a thick copper
plate, you may have to use  a larger iron. I stick only to thin copper
sheets used in transformers.
2. The thin copper sheets, when heated, tend to expand (this is not
encountered on sheets that are laminated to a relatively non-expanding
substrata like the glass epoxy). This creates a 'dimple' in the sheet. But
that resolves quickly as the heat dissipates.

- f