[midtownbsd] Web site

  • From: Francisco Reyes <lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NYC FreeBSd list <midtownbsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 16:42:06 -0400 (EDT)

Ever since we started talking about the group I have been looking at
different things we can do with the web site.

For starters I would like your opinion regarding some images a friend of
mine did.
http://nycfreebsd/images

Which one, if any, do you like.

Secondly I have been looking at CMS (content management systems) for
doing/updating/managing the web site. In particular I have been looking at
PHP Wiki Wiki, PostNuke and soon will look at Yerba.

Wiki Wiki, doesn't really seem like the way to go. Not enough structure
plus I had a hard time installing it and still have some errors.

Post Nuke doesn't install by default on a PostgreSQL site, but they expect
to have something in the coming weeks.

Yerba was reported to work with PostgreSQL so I will be looking at it in
the coming days.