[microworld-dev] MoM Saturday Jul 10th

  • From: Saurabh Bhatia <saurabh.a.bhatia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: microworld-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 00:22:49 +0530

*Date : July 10th 2010
Attendees : Chandra , Padmanabham , Kumar , Naveen , Anandhi , Saurabh*

Following is the trasncript of the meeting :

*1. Introduction from everyone:*
Chandra , Kumar , Padmanabham and Anandhi pls proceed for intros
 chandramouli: I am a student would soon be graduating and am interested in
rails development
 Anandhi: sorry to interrupt... and sorry for being late..got held up with
some work
10:14 PM me: No problems anandhi
 Anandhi: I just now finished my masters from NUS
 manish_rbl10: i am software developer i ahve 4 year of experince in
finacial applications
 Anandhi: now searching for job in banking industry
10:15 PM me: Great ...
 Kumar: developer with 4 yrs of exp
  various langs
10:16 PM bootstrapping a startup too
  apart from the day job
10:17 PM chandramouli: since I don't have a blog or website at least not
yet, I could send you a prezi of my short Cv ... though it looks more like a
wild dream ....
http://prezi.com/jsfsdjsgj7wo/my-resume/?utm_source=share&utm_campaign=shareprezi&utm_medium=email

*2. Outlined and Explained ROles to everyone:*

Padnabham and Anandhi will first start understanding Microfinance
 Anandhi: ok
 manish_rbl10: i was working on this today
 me: as they are they are supposed to get the domain knowledge
  right
 manish_rbl10: got the basics of it
10:35 PM me: cool .. So the first step for you guys
  would be to understand 3 concepts :
  1. Self Help Group Dynamics
  2. Lending Models
10:36 PM 3. Interest Rates and Maximze Returns
 Anandhi: will do that and get back to you if i have any questions
 me: for sure
 manish_rbl10: if we can get hold of some one who is dealing with
Naveen: I am a Information architect and a usability analyst
Naveen: Can I be also a part of requireents gathering

*3. Procedure to develop from Now on:*

me: Now, Naveen will speak to us
  and discuss the stuff with you
  and you guys decide
  how to fit the domain knowledge into software
  thats when i will also help you ..
10:41 PM eg We need to make a Ledger or a Journal
  then Anandhi and Padmanabham know how a ledger looks and works
  so you will explain us how the flow goes in the real time
 manish_rbl10: OK
 me: whereas Naveen will tell what kind of ledger does Touching Lives want
10:42 PM so we will combine these 2 things to
 Anandhi: hmm
 me: form a final ledger for the software
  once, these things are done. Saideep and me will spell out the features
  forms, buttons , application flow
10:43 PM Chandra , Kumar
  and Saideep can then start
  Designing the database,
  Wireframes
  Code with Rails
10:44 PM Naveen will work on usability
  and will guide us with our wireframes etc ..
  Soundharya and Anandhi
  can then test the application various tools like runit, selenium etc
10:45 PM once we are ready with the release
  Sonia and Asif can do the user test*ing*
*
4. Some discussions on the tech side :*

1. Temporary files
  in the system need to be cleared
11:06 PM 2. a few bugs to squash
  3. Write unit tests
  for controller and model
  lemme make it to 4
  4. Documentation
  chandra
11:07 PM can you clean the system of temporary files ?
  off*
 chandramouli: ok
 me: cool . thats a start
  bugs
 chandramouli: it it the old code that is not yet functional?
 me: i am will list and will be up for grabs
11:08 PM it is
  but it needs to be better
  i will list the issues and they will be up for grabs ;)
  by tomorrow
 chandramouli: ok
11:09 PM me: fist level of tests as it is more ruby specific i will assign
it to some rails developer
  at the end of the week, Anandhi will do the automated testing
  is that fine ?
 chandramouli: ok
 Anandhi: I am sorry i dont know to use the tools... i did only manual
testing..
11:10 PM me: ohh ok
 manish_rbl10: we can use waiter
 me: yup
  http://watir.com/
  its actually v straightforward
  and much easier than manual testing
 Anandhi: ok... will look at it
 me: but i believe Anandhi
  its better if u take a look at
11:11 PM http://seleniumhq.org/
  its something which runs in your firefox
  and is more intuitive
 Anandhi: ok