[microfarmer] next microfarm forum

  • From: "Robin Wheeler" <robin54@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <microfarmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 16:38:55 -0800

Sustainable Microfarm Forum - will be held on February 24. We will be inviting
Tim Brigham from Royal Roads University to talk about Non Timber Forest
Products - what that is and how it can fit into our lives. Marika Nagasaka will
return to remind us of all the planning measures needed to fulfill obligations
to farmers markets, restaurants, and farm gate sales, and will emphasize winter
foods. There will be some spot speakers to give us ideas about labour pools. We
will have a quick "value-added" component. And I have forgotten someone major
in here ... if it was you, and you're highly insulted, please call me stat.
This year's fee is $62.50, lunch, bevvies and snacks included, plus small forum
kit. (Subsidies available) IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST FORUM AND YOU INTEND TO ONE
DAY SELL OFF FARM, PLEASE ORDER THE BC ORGANIC STANDARDS FROM ME WITH YOUR
REGISTRATION. This is $10 more and must be pre-ordered, but it is important
that if we continue to use the term "organic", even amongst ourselves, we are
on the same page as to what that actually entails.
Email or phone Robin (885-4505) to pre-register.
AND can someone volunteer to help with poster and/or registration form for this
event? Also need a very dependable driver for the day, to pick up and deliver
speakers from the airport/ferry. Will pay $35 fuel cost and $10 gift
certificate for lunch at the Gumboot.