[microfarmer] Re: next microfarm forum

  • From: Lancifer WIldwood <phytomphalosfarm@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: microfarmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 18:09:46 -0500 (EST)

Tying the drop off box into the already running 'coastal organics' business
would be wiser than a bunch of people driving around to deliver their own
boxes, no?  It would probably boost coastal organics sales a bit if they could
offer something local in each box, I know that kale is actually a decent cash
crop all winter plus its one of the best foods we have here.  Plus, the date
and time of box packing is the same every week so people would know where and
when with little difficulty.

Robin Wheeler <robin54@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:       Hi, all - I am just working on
logistics and issues for  this spring's Microfarm Forum (Feb 24) and am looking
at last year's "problems"  to see how we have progressed. Our major issue seems
to be pushing capacity up  in small lot gardens to the point where there is
enough to sell "off farm".
 Next, we have two farmers markets on a single day, and  nothing throughout the
rest of the week. At the very least, it would be  interesting to return to an
idea where public could order stuff from farmers,  farmers could drop off boxes
at designated private addresses along the highway  where they could be picked
up.
 The Abbott were also working on something where locals  could drop excess off
with them, and they would sell it. Any point is tossing  any of this around?
 Robin

Yahoo!         Canada Toolbar : Search from anywhere on         the web and
bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now!