[microfarmer] next microfarm forum

  • From: "Robin Wheeler" <robin54@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <microfarmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 14:12:11 -0800

Hi, all - I am just working on logistics and issues for this spring's Microfarm
Forum (Feb 24) and am looking at last year's "problems" to see how we have
progressed. Our major issue seems to be pushing capacity up in small lot
gardens to the point where there is enough to sell "off farm".
Next, we have two farmers markets on a single day, and nothing throughout the
rest of the week. At the very least, it would be interesting to return to an
idea where public could order stuff from farmers, farmers could drop off boxes
at designated private addresses along the highway where they could be picked
up.
The Abbott were also working on something where locals could drop excess off
with them, and they would sell it. Any point is tossing any of this around?
Robin