[microfarmer] Re: Ideas, please

  • From: "David Parkinson" <parkidavid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: microfarmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:46:01 -0800

I offer this in the sprit of synchronicity, from today's Archdruid
Report<http://thearchdruidreport.blogspot.com/2007/11/lifeboat-time.html>--
and if you're not reading his blog, you should start. It's essential
reading.

"For a great many people just now, ... even the simplest steps to prepare
for financial crisis – paying down debts, reining in expenditures, making
sure savings are in federally insured banks rather than the imaginary
economy of paper assets, and putting by extra food in the cupboard and
useful supplies in the shed to deal with the spot shortages and business
bankruptcies that usually accompany economic crisis – are off the radar
screen. That's unfortunate, because *some tolerably simple changes made now,
while there's still time to make them, could spare a lot of people a lot of
grief not that far down the road*."

--
David