[microfarmer] Re: Ideas

  • From: Lancifer WIldwood <phytomphalosfarm@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: microfarmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 21:03:03 -0500 (EST)

A rather good forum, if we can find someone who knows something about it, would
be how to apply for 'crown' land (me'arse it belongs to some witch from
overseas!) agroforestry leases.  I know there are 60 acres behind this dump
that I would love to grow goldenseal on, various fungi etc.  Yes I know I can
just go and do t but there isn't as much security as I would like to say buy
10000 rootlets and build raised beds with the right PH.
When I look at guvmint documents they read like Cantonese to me.  I get 965
matches for 'canopy 5,4,3' from the PFAF database.  I'm sure there are more
things and results from Britain are showing that a forest edge hog run is
amazing both in the growth of the hog, and also in the results of biodiversity
at the forest edge.
If everything goes doollalley having breedig pairs of animals would be great
(hints of Noah) and there will be no greater form of wealth as our ancestors
have known for along time.  Fortunately the ocean is still recoverable here in
a short period if harvesting was table based rather than export based.  I'm
looking into buying an oyster lease (shore based) to start a 'Community
Sponsored Mariculture' and to date have waaaayyy more response than I want to
deal with!  I'd dearly love to release wild boar into the area as well (sorry
folks, get better fencing) since the Lasqueti feral sheep experiment went so
well.
The problem is not what to do, its how to get people into seeing that it needs
doing.  I 'woke up' a few people in Vancouver about what is occurring with two
movies Aaron Russo's "America: Freedom to Fascism' (buy it or torrent it) and
"Endgame: Blueprint for Global Enslavement" (buy it or torrent it, or ask me
and I'll burn you a copy of either).  Both would seem outlandish a few years
ago but with the guvmint subtly moving to restrict our ability to feed
ourselves on the one hand then handing out crumbs of money for 'community food
security', its not that hard to come to the conclusions the movies do.  The PTw
(Powers That were) are playing for keeps.

Robin Wheeler <robin54@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:     Hi, all - Good discussion -
 I would like to return briefly to the original message to  this group - that I
will be offering another Microfarm Forum in February, am  inviting people to
speak on Non Forest Timber Products and "Value Added", and am  wondering if
there is another class that some consensus could develop around for  a third
topic.
 The theme will be "Capacity Building", remembering that  this is what the
funds are directed towards - helping growers increase capacity  to grow food,
to feed themselves, and then to sell to others, in an  effort to make the
Sunshine coast safer to live in, reduce fossil fuel use,  bring people back to
their gardens.
 Thanks!
 Meanwhile, please carry on with dialogue ...
 Robin

A consensus means that everyone agrees to say collectively what no one believes
individually. Abba Eban

?I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say
it.? ? attributed to Voltaire

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot
with the All-new Yahoo! Mail