[microfarmer] Fw: a gentle series of things

  • From: "Robin Wheeler" <robin54@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <info@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 21:13:57 -0700

Hi, all! Notes from Romina, Linda and me!

First of all, because it's right around the corner ...

You are invited to a Harvest Celebration
potluck dinner

Connecting local farmers with chefs, friends, and neighbours

as we celebrate the Sunshine Coast harvest of

nutritious, delicious, and local food

Sunday September 30th

4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

the Port Stalashen Clubhouse

l l

Hosted by Lynn Grossutti of Karma Kitchen

& Linda Fogarty of Green Room Farm

l l l

featuring delicious seasonal fare

by Karma Kitchen

~ ~ ~

Vegetarian chilli

Seasonal greens

Desserts

Refreshments

 ~ BYOB ~

And secondly, Romina offers this:

Do you know where your food comes from. Are you tired of buying vegetables
trucked in all the way from California. Curious about the 1000 mile diet and
other ways you can support community-based agriculture.
Food Security Round Table.
October 17th
At Roberts Creek Hall
7:30pm - 9:30pm open to all community members concerned about Food Security on
the Sunshine Coast - Come share your thoughts, concerns and ideas.
Free

And from Robin  - first, don't forget the AGM on November 3 at 1732 Pell Road,
Roberts Creek, 885-4505.  Potluck, starts SHARP at 6 pm, short and sweet, and I
hope with a few big surprises. I will be nominating some new faces and please
think of your own nominations for our executive!

NEXT - Some of us realize we need a politicized group to start studying issues
around food in BC - Farm Status is stacked towards total land clearing and
horse raising, farmers can't get house insurance, the new meat regulations are
linked to American harmonization, and we need to talk about where changes
start. What seems to be developing is a healthy and tight knit underground, but
we still have to bash at some issues here. Loose new name for this email list
is the Farm Food Freedom Fighters (just so we don't get confused with
terrorists) and for now we need to gather resources and ideas. Please email
robindigsit@xxxxxxxxx to get on this list.

Thanks all!