[MoGeo] Missouri Department of Conservation's Adopt-A-Trail Program

  • From: "M. Bollinger" <lazylightning7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, mga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:00:18 -0600

I saw an article in the September Missouri Conservationist that sparked and idea.

?Missourians who enjoy hiking trails and equestrian trails on conservation areas can enhance their enjoyment of these resources through the Missouri Department of Conservation's Adopt-A-Trail Program?. If you have a special interest in one trail, you can help keep it in top condition by volunteering for the new Adopt-A-Trail program. Volunteers monitor, maintain and enhance trails and trailhead facilities. Common tasks include clearing debris that accumulates on trail surfaces, cutting brush and picking up trash. To adopt a trail, call 573-522-4115, ext. 3636, or e-mail kightt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?

SLAGA and MGA can benefit by adopting trails. We can forge a positive relationship between MDC and the sport of Geocaching. We can get our name out before non-cachers and introduce them to the sport and to our organizations. Best of all, we can get credit for what most of us already do in areas where we have or visit caches.

When I get back into JC next week I?ll give MDC a call and find out more. If anyone is interested, send me an email and I?ll see what I can get organized.