[methmins] StF 612

  • From: Alan Sharp <alansharp26@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: methmins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 12:26:45 +0000

In the Connexional Lectionary (inside the Prayer Handbook) yesterday's hymn was 612.   I'd not come across this before but the words seem highly relevant at the present time.    But the tune may not be suitable for small congregations (or any Church without a choir?) and the listed metre seems unique - 44 6 86.   But this disguises the fact that it can be sung to most CM tunes, and I thing "Kilmarnock", StF 542, is very suitable.

It would be unfortunate if the words are not sung because the set tune may seem difficult - although I can see that it does reflect the words very well.

Alan