[methmins] Re: John's nativity and beyond

  • From: "W. John Young" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "jyoung656" for DMARC)
  • To: methmins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 21:32:45 +0000

I am somewhat baffled by Raymond's response to my poem. It doesn't say anything about a virgin birth so I have no idea why that was brought in. My assumption is that Jesus' birth was normal but the gory details are summed up in 'The word became flesh...'. I agree with John S that atonement language does come in with Lamb of God twice in chapter one and the timing of the end coinciding with Passover lambs being killed. As for John saying that Joseph was Jesus' father how is that relevant to the poem? I did look at the references and they depict other people saying it. However, in John's gospel Jesus is said to speak frequently of 'my father' meaning God not Joseph. I brought in several Johannine expressions such as grace, truth, light, life, living water and faith, the vital link to the living Jesus and in John the cross is the glory of Jesus.

grace and peace

John Y