[I-M-C] Hello

  • From: "Robert S. Berger, Ph.D." <rsb111@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "met-interactive@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <met-interactive@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 15:06:38 -0500

Hi Marilyn,

Yes.  We will turn the announcements listserv into the new interactive
listserv, close the one on GoogleGroups, offer those who do not want to be
on interactive an alternative yahoo groups listserv for announcements and
have a return to a listserv that does what we want and does not do what we
do not want.

The freelists listserv has helped clarify this issue.  Very educational.

As to Fun, your advise will be followed to the letter.  I will be in
Chinatown with friends and family this weekend, and I am planning an outing
with friends and family to visit outdoor, public sculptures in Manhattan,
which is inspired by my seeing the following piece next to the West 58th
street theater at which I saw The Artist, a film I recommend.  The piece:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32357038@N08/3252504690/.

http://fundaciomiro-bcn.org/coleccio_obra.php?obra=717&idioma=2

Seeing that sculpture inspired the following associations: "It is an
amazing sculpture.  "It is baying at the moon, which is such an endearing
homage to our unbridled nature.  And it conveys the hope for a responsive
moon that we know cannot happen.  Bay as we may, the moon stays where it is
and we continue to yearn for it.  Surprising analogy for life?"
.
The word "bay" is right out of Shakespeare.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bay.  I had rather be a dog, and bay the
moon.  It is from Julius Ceasar:
http://nfs.sparknotes.com/juliuscaesar/page_168.html.

So I will mark your wOrds.  This email allowed me to complete my research
on pieces for this tour.

http://gonyc.about.com/b/2009/02/16/nyc-public-sculpture-tour-from-mug.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outdoor_sculpture_in_New_York_City
http://www.nycgovparks.org/art
http://www.forgottendelights.com/NYCsculpture/NYCSculptureIndex.htm

Best,
Robert

Date: Tuesday, December 13, 2011
To: met-interactive@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here, here.

Richard B. Joelson, DSW
110 East 87th Street - Suite 1E
New York, NY 10128
(212) 369-1239
e-mail: RBJoelson@xxxxxxx
please visit:
website: www.richardbjoelsondsw.com
website: www.rbjstorybooksforchildren.com

In a message dated 12/13/2011 9:30:41 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
lisabet991@xxxxxxx writes:

Robert,

I think Yahoo is a good enough option and this is too much time for you to
spend, especially given this initial glitch about repying to one person.

Let's be simple and stick with yahoo. No one wants you to wear yourself out.
Lisa

Lisa Beth Miller, LCSW
Office: 43 W 94 St., NY, NY 10025
917-399-6447
lisabet991@xxxxxxx

From: Robert S. Berger, Ph.D.
Date: Tuesday, December 13, 2011
To: "i.m.c.moderators@xxxxxxxxx" <i.m.c.moderators@xxxxxxxxx>

Jane,

I agree with your observation.  Since it allows only a reply to the
listserv we would end up with too many posts that should be back channel
instead.

It will take a lot of thought to decide whether to switch to this versus
making the Yahoo one the new interactive and using a different Yahoo one
for those members who do not want to be on the interactive.  Again, I do
not want a mistake made.  Right now I am more inclined toward the Uahoo,
since we know exactly how it works.  It is the one we use for all the other
chapters.

Best,
Robert