[mensa-ops] Re: peterre

  • From: Barbara <bestock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mensa-ops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 14:11:44 -0500

Betsy, I'm going to post here what Mrs. Petere told me:

Unfortunately his recovery did not go as well as anticipated. The tumour was a
little larger than expected and the surgeon had to take more of the kidney than
he thought but the results showed that they had managed to get all of the
tumour and a clear area around it, however in doing this a small tear was made
and urine was leaking via the drainage tube. Subsequently he was taken for a
further operation to fit a stent to hopefully allow the tear to heal. Also the
balance problems have been exacerbated, probably due to the inactivity
following the surgery and he is now unable to walk and finds it difficult to
stand. Peterre was transferred to a nursing home nearer to where we live on
26th March where he is receiving physiotherapy but is not making much progress.

Barbara