[mensa-ops] (Fwd) SATEXAS: Service Outage (9/7/2010)

  • From: "peterre" <peterre.uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mensa-ops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 15:23:27 +0100

Here's an email that I've just received from SATEXAS, the firm in
San Antonio, Texas, where the channel bot and the channel website
are hosted.

Peterre

Date sent:      Wed, 08 Sep 2010 09:04:49 -0500
From:   Russ Bennett <bennettr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Send reply to:  support@xxxxxxxxxxx
To:     support@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:        SATEXAS: Service Outage (9/7/2010)

Dear Members,

On Tuesday afternoon around 1pm in our home city of San Antonio, was
hit pretty hard by the Tropical Storm from the Gulf that had gained
momentum. Unfortunately it took down a large grid of power,
including us, outlasting our current backup systems.

As of Wednesday morning, all systems are back online and functioning
normally. Our phone system is STILL DOWN as the phone circuits are
being worked on. We expect them up shortly. If you reach a busy
signal, it's because our phone circuit is still down.

If you need to reach us in the meantime, please use one of the
following methods:

1. Email: support@xxxxxxxxxxx
 OR
2. Support Ticket Online -
https://www.satexas.com/support/helpme.phtml

This downtime has been very frustrating to us, having just
experienced our worst outage ever back in June for about 8 hours. We
understand that this vulnerability to downtime is not acceptable and
we're making plans now to rectify the situation. We expect to have
the capability of backup generator power by the end of the year,
which would avoid these outages.

Thank you,

Russ Bennett & The SATEXAS Staff
support@xxxxxxxxxxx