[ #MP Ops Mailing List ] MeetingPlace Ops

  • From: "Catty Tia" <cattytia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meetingplace.ops@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 09:14:31 +0000

Hi all

Just a few changes to let you know about.

Chewy and Akharin are now both fully fledged SOPs. (God help them! Or should
that be us?) Fluffybloke is now AOP on a weeks trial.

I called a quickie meeting last night, as one or two things had come to my
attention.

Basically I'd like to point out again that if an Op sets a ban, it should be
that Op that removes said ban.

Chicago (partner!) and I have been discussing room rules. We're both happy
that MeetingPlace seems to be on the up again, but we think this has a lot
to do with the lighter attitude of ops and the relaxation of MP's 'strict'
regime.  While MeetingPlace IS still a family room, after the 10pm watershed
we do allow mild swearing and more adult topics of conversation <wg>
Obviously OPs use your discretion if there are any younger users in. Try not
to use your scripts for messages about Caps and swearing etc.. make a more
personal appeal. Scripts are all well and good, but no one likes being told
what to do by a computer programme do they. Ops are humans and should act as
such, not that I'm saying you're all a bunch of animals... not all of you
anyway <weg>

Tawny brought up the subject of Op abuse in PC, I'd like to hear your
thoughts on that one please, and the best way to handle it. I'm sure we all
have our own ways!

DJDraco has been playing silly beggers again, so if he continues to do this
he will be given a weeks ban, maybe in that time he will grow up!

If I've missed out on anything, then I apologise, only human after all.

Any other suggestions, comments questions or ideas, you know where to send
em!

Purrs
Catty
xxxxxxx

#Meetingplace Ops list. All posts to this list are
considered CONFIDENTIAL and may not be forwarded, reproduced or given
in any way to third parties who are not #Meetingplace Operators.

Any comments about this list should be sent to
listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx