[meepo] Re: More 3.5 info

  • From: dylan <dylan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meepo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 12:50:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 7 May 2003 Albright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The latest 3.5 article on WotC's site mentions AoOs, and the changes to
> them, which appear to be: not much.  They now use the term 'Distracting
> Action' to clarify the kind of action to draw an AoO, and refers to the idea
> of 'Threatened Squares'.  However, some of the tangential information
> revealed at least two changes:
> 1. Diagonal movement may change.  To wit:  "For instance, a
> longspear-wielding human threatens all squares 10 feet (2 squares) away,
> even diagonally. (This is an exception to the rule that 2 squares of
> diagonal distance is measured as 15 feet.)"
> 2. Combat Reflexes gets nastier.  To wit:  "If you have the Combat Reflexes
> feat, you can add your Dexterity modifier to the number of attacks of
> opportunity you can make in a round. This feat does not let you make more
> than one attack for a given opportunity, but if the same opponent provokes
> two attacks of opportunity from you -- such as by moving out of a threatened
> square and then casting a spell in a threatened square -- you could make two
> separate attacks of opportunity (since each one represents a different
> opportunity). Moving out of more than one square threatened by the same
> opponent in the same round doesn't count as more than one opportunity for
> that opponent. All these attacks are at your normal attack bonus. You do not
> reduce your attack bonus for making multiple attacks of opportunity."

The rules changes sound good to me.

> Oh, and there's a picture that appears to be the new Marilith and Balor
> pictures from the new MM.  Someone on ENWorld said that the new Balor looked
> a lot like the Balrog is LotR...to which the collective reply was 'DUH.'
> :-)
> http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rs/20030506a

I like the pix.

> D.
> Thanks,
> Dru Albright
> Aronson+Johnson+Ortiz, LP
> (215) 546-7500
> (610) 389-0617 [Cell]

dylan                Take 50% of my money and put it in the blue chips:
John D. Murray       Transatlantic Zeppelin, Amalgamated Spats,
Philadelphia, PA     Congraves' Inflammable Powders, U.S. Hay, and sink
dylan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  the rest into that up and coming Baltimore Opera
                     Hat Company. - C.M. Burns