[meepo] For those who didn't receive a specific update...

  • From: Albright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: meepo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 11:46:03 -0400

The party proceeds for a great distance down through the tunnel, hoping to
find a way to reach the other levels of the crypts without having to use
access to a portal.  After winding your way past flowstone formations,
stalactites, stalagmites, you encounter a large formation of rock that drops
the ceiling down to 4 feet or so, which would force the group to crouch or
crawl to continue for some distance.  Unwilling to risk such a location
without verifying the safety involved, the group decides to stop for a rest,
and wait the 10 minutes it will take Bolo to cast Commune with Nature, and
determine whether or not it's safe to proceed.

A few seconds after Bolo begins chanting and walking in a slow circle,
beginning the long process of the spell, Hell breaks loose.  From behind
Bolo, a colossal delver erupts from the ground, cutting off any chance of
retreat, The huge rock formation ahead turns out to be an illusion, and
charging through comes a shield wall of three large minotaurs, mostly only
visible due to their horns poking over the top of their tower shields.  Each
shield is adorned with the skull of a mind-flayer.  Coming around the sides
of the minotaurs are at least ten goblins with mirror images, each carrying
at least one magic wand.  The illusory wall is still intact, and there's no
telling what lays beyond it, if anything.

Note to all: spellcasters, if you know what spells you be leading with
tonight, or that will be your preferreds...please bone up on them as time
allows.  Particuarly your save DCs and type, when appropriate, ranges, etc.
This will be a pretty involved combat.  Sadly, I didn't get time to prepare
a really nice map, so we'll make do with we've got.  Any specific questions,
I'll field now, if possible.

Dru Albright
230 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102