[meepo] Re: 3.5 and Archery

  • From: "Edward Rishel" <erishel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <meepo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 09:21:18 -0400

Uhhh.... My hat has a cow on it.

-----Original Message-----
From: dylan [mailto:dylan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 9:20 AM
To: savage sword of meepo list
Subject: [meepo] 3.5 and Archery

From =

(I saw something like it buried in a thread on enworld as well...the =
comes from Dungeon 100)

Magic bows and arrows don't stack for damage (unless this is an error).

Check out the FTR/Sor/Arc Archer in "The Lich Queen's Beloved"

Attack +23 with +1 comp (+3 Str) longbow & +4 arrow:

+15 BAB
+3 Dex
+1 Weapon Focus
+1 bow
+4 arrow (I get +24, but if only the best magic bonus applies to attack=20
and damage, +23 is right.)

But damage 1d8+7:
+3 Comp longbow
+4 arrow

Good change, that -- only the arrow's magic applies for damage (or the=20
higher of the two, don't know which).

Edit -- Looking at another archer's stats, I'd guess only the higher of=20
the two bonuses apply for damage (they overlap, don't stack). Correct?

dylan                I say we call Matlock.  He'll find the culprit.
John D. Murray       It's probably that evil Gavin MacLeod or George
Philadelphia, PA     "Goober" Lindsay.
dylan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                     - A. Simpson