[meego-fi] Open Hackday, Saturday 26th Nov 2011 12:00-20:00 at Demola

  • From: Jarkko Moilanen <jm60697@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meego-network-fi <meego-network-fi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, hs.the5thwave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 19:32:58 +0200

Hi,

We (timoph and I) came up with an idea to organize "Open Hackday" event at
Demola/Protomo on 26th Nov. We will start at noon and we must leave
premises at 20:00. Event will be held at Demola (http://demola.fi/). This
event is free and open to all.

Intention is to enable/offer sort of hackathon kind of
possibilities/situation to gather together; hack software & hardware; share
ideas and spend time in awesome and comfortable environment.

Our intention is to install Nemo on N950/N9 just to see how it is done and
what it feels like. Another thing we are doing  (if we get a few computers
from somewhere) is to set up OBS, just to see how it works and what it is
:) To verify our installation/system set up, we will put OBS working on
something. You are encouraged to bring your own "projects" and join us;
pretty much any topic is fine, just leave biological and pyrotechnical
projects out.

This event will be totally different compared to for example TMN meetups.
This event is like returning to roots; to those issues and practices from
which many of us came from. There is no intention to hold any slideshows or
presentations. Instead we just hack and enjoy the wonders of technology. Of
course if an idea of demo or something raises during the day, we can do
that too.

We have network (internet),  a lot of space, we have
comfortable/uncomfortable chairs and tables, we have a lot of devices
(N950s, N9s, SnowBall PDKs, Netbooks, Tablets, N900s) which you can use and
hack freely. If you have other gizmoz or devices you want to bring along,
please do so! We have kitchen, we have coffee, but drinks and food you
should bring with you.

If you just want to hang out with other people, that is fine too! You dont
need to hack!

hmmm.... I think that's all.  If you have any questions, ask me or timoph.

Cheers,
Jarkko