[meego-fi] Re: N900 app title, changing the package name

  • From: "Ville M. Vainio" <vivainio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meego-network-fi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 16:24:26 +0300

I recommend using forum.meego.com for app development questions, for biggest
amount of eyeball for both  the question and the eventual answers.

That said, in Harmattan, unlike in N900 you don't really have the
application title at the top (or visible anywhere in the first place).

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Artem Marchenko
<artem.marchenko@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi All
>
> We are almost ready to release the N900 version of our currency converter
> (BTW, if you have Symbian 3 device, buy it and leave a review at
> http://store.ovi.com/content/135126 )
>
> I need help regarding a couple of N900-specific issues.
>
> 1. How do you specify app title in harmattan?
> Whatever we do, it keeps displaying the package name on top:
>
> 2. Package name
> Project name used to be mobile-app-currency-converter. Later I changed it
> to foreign-money-currency-converter (in .desktop file and in the project
> properties), it still tries to install something to the directory with the
> old name and fails:
> ---
> Package created.
> Installing package to sysroot ...
> 'opt/mobile-app-currency-converter/bin/mobile-app-currency-converter'
> already in sysroot. Can not install.
> ---
> Interestingly, the structure of the debian folder in the build directory is
> different, I fail to understand why it uses this folder name. I tried
> running qmake and rebuilding everything and removing whole build directory,
> didn't change anything. *Please, help.*
> *
> *
>

> Best regards,